As we age, gravity takes its toll, and in many people, this shows up as a double chin. Now, thanks to Kybella®, surgery is not the only effective option for chin fat removal. Kybella® is an FDA-approved injection composed of a naturally occurring molecule in the body: deoxycholic acid. Its mission is to destroy fat cells, and it works. In fact, in clinical studies, 79% of the people who received Kybella® injections had more positive feelings regarding their chin area twelve weeks after the procedure.
Is Kybella® For Me?
Aging is not the only cause of a double chin. For some people in Connecticut, a double chin could be strictly genetic, or it could be a due to weight gain. Whatever the reason, Kybella® may be for you if:
- You don’t like the way your chin looks or feels.
- You think your double chin makes you appear heavier or older than you really are.
- You have tried diet and exercise to eliminate your double chin, but it hasn’t made a difference.
- You do not want to get chin fat removal surgery—you prefer a safer option.
- You do want long-lasting results.
What Is the Kybella® Procedure Like?
If you have decided that you would love to eliminate your double chin, you are probably wondering what you can expect when you come into our Connecticut medical spa. Here are the steps we usually follow during a chin fat removal procedure using Kybella®:
- First, you will meet with us for your initial consultation to make sure you are a candidate for the procedure. Depending on your situation, sometimes we will continue with the procedure the same day, and other times we will have you come back.
- When you arrive at our Connecticut medspa on the day of the Kybella® chin fat removal procedure, we will make sure you feel completely comfortable and answer any questions you might have.
- We will then prep your skin, using tape to make the skin taut, and a special pen to mark the desired treatment area with dots.
- Next, we will apply a topical anesthetic to the area being treated, and we will wait a few minutes for it to fully kick in.
- Now it’s time to begin the Kybella® treatment. We will gently place small injections into each section, making sure not to inject on the actual ink. Most of our Connecticut patients say that they barely feel anything.
- We will continue to inject the skin under your chin multiple times, with most patients requiring about 20 injections per treatment.
- Every treatment is tailored to your specific needs, so it may vary slightly from the above outline.
If you want to see a Kybella® procedure being performed in real time, the Today Show recently featured one on their program. As they point out in the video, the results are permanent, and most patients require two or three sessions to get the results they desire, which can be performed sixty days apart.
Are you ready to say goodbye to your double chin for good? Contact us today to set up your initial consultation.